"We like camping better!" --Raymond Alexander Kukkee



view of the north shore Critter Pond, KOA Canandaigua NY [c] 2009 jcb

Camping tips: How to buy tires for your tow vehicle

by Mark Polk   writer at blog RV.Net

June 7, 2010

Over the years we have owned five RV’s. First there was a small pop up, then a travel trailer, then a bigger travel trailer, a Type C motorhome and currently our Type A motorhome. I have always owned and driven a truck that is capable of towing a good size trailer. I don’t tow trailers as much as I used to, but just the nature of my business requires that I have a truck that can tow a trailer.

During a routine inspection of my truck I noticed the sidewalls of the tires had some cracking caused by too much exposure to the sun, and that the tread was just about down to the tread wear indicators. These were the original Michelin tires that came on the truck when it was new, and with over 65,000 miles on them I really can’t complain about replacing the tires... keep reading
  
 Reprinted from the blog section of RV.Net -- an outstanding resource for RV owners
  _______________________________________________
Not a subscriber to blog.RV.Net yet? If you own a recreational vehicle, this magazine provides a wealth of information on a wide variety of topics for the RV camping crowd.
See also: Home from Home: The World of Camper Vans And Motorhomes

No comments:

Post a Comment