"We like camping better!" --Raymond Alexander Kukkee



view of the north shore Critter Pond, KOA Canandaigua NY [c] 2009 jcb

Testimonies: Camping nightmares

By Amanda Fox guest author

How a girl that grew up camping turned into a woman that considered roughing it meant not having concierge service is beyond me, even if I am the girl/woman in question. From as young an age as I can remember I was gathering deadwood, cleaning fish, and so enamored with camping I insisted on sleeping out in the backyard in my tent if we weren't camping. I never realized how much times changed until a few years ago.

cabin and campfire reflected in pond KOA Canandaigua 2008 jcb For a stretch of several years we did very little camping and when we did it was beach camping that generally wound up being more expensive than a weekend at the Ritz Carlton. Everyone wanted to camp with us. Why wouldn't they? After all, how many camped with a mini home entertainment system, gourmet food, and ergonomically correct sleeping pads? I even looked into outsourcing having our campsite set up before we arrived, but oddly enough there was no listing for any such service in the yellow pages.

When our daughter reached ten she went on her first camping trip with someone other than us which was a blessing and a curse. [continued]

Read more at Helium.com...

Reprinted by permission from Amanda Fox. Read Amanda's profile at Helum.com

No comments:

Post a Comment