"We like camping better!" --Raymond Alexander Kukkee



view of the north shore Critter Pond, KOA Canandaigua NY [c] 2009 jcb

Offering some lame excuses...

I'll admit freely: I've been a bad blogger. And this isn't my first offense, either. This is my space (well, not "MySpace" or however that one looks), and I'm the one who set the standards to which I had hoped to adhere. (Yikes!) I started this personal blog with good intentions, and lots of ambition. I still have good intentions, but the ambition's been hibernating lately, I swear. So I'm dissappointing myself; I am my own harshest critic, I suppose. But I haven't been posting much lately. No Tuesday Trivia, no Friday Song, or even Monday Musings (which I was never very loyal to in the first place). Sorry to me.

We've had a strange winter here. That's my excuse. My whole system is discombobulated. It's been warm, the grass has been growing, then it got cold, then warm again, then bitter and icy. Sheesh. Welcome to New York. My old job is ending, a new one beginning. Another excuse. Birthdays, Christmas, unexpected trips to plan...more excuses. Maybe I have nothing to say. (That'll be the day!) Maybe I have too much to say, and simply can't make up my mind. That's more likely. Life is mostly good here in Upstate NY, though. I can't complain, and nobody will listen anyway. So here I am, doing my pennance by keyboard. Exercising my fingers. I promise to do better. I really do. Next time.

I'll see you here then. Thanks for listening. Have a nice day. Please come again. Your call is important to us: please continue to hold. We're from the government, and we're here to help. Oh, nevermind! Do come back, and bring a friend. (Who was that masked man, anyway??)

No comments:

Post a Comment