What do you get for the camper who has everything?
Here's the truth: We NEVER have everything! Campers lose things, and wear them out, and love having extras. We're not terribly picky. We're practical, too. Here are some last-minute gifts you can grab for the camping enthusiasts in your life.
Stocking Stuffers: $1 to $15
- Non-perishable snacks, like M&Ms or goodies in tins (my favorite)
- A nice, basic "Swiss Army"-style multi-purpose knife. Everybody loves those!
- Fancy tins of matches or a cool butane lighter (why not both?)
- Mini-flashlites, or inexpensive regular flashlights (you never have enough)
- Batteries! (see above)
- Nifty, fancy flashlight, batteries included
- Grill Charms™ for the gourmet chef (the coolest!)
- Bin Buddies®, or any kind of cool organizer-type bins for storage
- Games of all kinds -- it rains sometimes, you know! (Consider dominoes)
- Camp chairs. Yes, really. These wear out and we always need more.
- Books or bookstore gift cards, if your camping friend is anything like me.
- Any decent-quality AM-FM radio and/or CD player, dual-power source
- Lighting: string lights, a rugged Coleman™ lantern, or a good outdoor table lamp
- Teenagers? Try to find the new KanJam! flying disc game (regional suppliers)
- Family gift? Consider a good-quality croquet set (sporting goods stores)
- Better-quality camp chairs -- see note, earlier
- Stand-up sport-style gas grill. (Only if they don't have one) Check available accessories, too.
- Cool, hi-tech portable radios. ("Walkie-Talkies" -- great for keeping track of teenagers)
- A ridiculously-rugged and cool waterproof outdoor radio (you might want to keep it for yourself!)
- Outdoor shade and shelter: new designs from EZ-Up and others are much improved. These bag-up small enough to fit under the Christmas tree!
- Or maybe a modern straight-sided screen house (not the old slanty-sided kind!)
- A gift card for Dick's or Gander Mountain or some other awesome outdoor store (can't go wrong!)
Please note: Amazon links are provided so you can see pictures and prices -- it's WAY too late to order anything for delivery in time for Christmas!
OK, what have I forgotten? If you have more (or better!) ideas, leave them in the Comments please. Keep in mind that ANY of these gifts would be fine with me. Just sayin'...