|The boys relax at our final fall campsite at KOA Canandaigua|
- I'm thankful my wife is willing to go camping with me, and that she inspired the search for our little Shasta camper.
- I'm thankful that my youngest son has been willing to sleep in the "loft" these past few years, with only a minor complaint now and then. What a trooper!
- I'm thankful that my oldest is the greatest high-design campfire builder in the Northeast. His fires are works of art -- and hot, too!
- I'm thankful that God invented all sorts of wonderful trees, so that our campfires might burn with a myriad of delightful colors and scents. I like cherry best.
- I'm thankful that we have friends who like camping just as much as we do.
- I'm thankful that we can still afford the gas to haul our trailer to the campground, even at $3 per gallon. Good thing there are nice camping resorts close to home.
- I'm thankful that some campgrounds have Wi-Fi -- and that some don't.
- I'm grateful to whomever invented the roll-out awning. Shade and shelter in two minutes -- what a concept.
- And finally, I'm thankful to all the wonderful people who spend their summers running campgrounds -- so we have really nice places to go, with clean restrooms and cool game rooms and mini-golf and stuff.
What have I forgotten? I'd be grateful for your thoughts on Thanksgiving and camping. Anybody having turkey dinner at the table in a motorhome this year?